Delphinus Medical Technologies Inc
Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. is an innovation leader in advanced ultrasound development and the first company to design and manufacture a 3D whole breast ultrasound system that utilizes a dynamic new technique to image the breast with the use of sound and water. Delphinus is committed to creating improved breast imaging methods, while establishing a better patient experience for all women, regardless of age, without the concern of radiation or compression.
Delphinus offers a creative and friendly work environment. Our goal is to ensure team members can bring their best every day, in a comfortable, inventive, and collaborative space. We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages, and the opportunity to grow with the company. If you are looking for the opportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to developing life-saving technologies, you may be a fit for us!
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer who shares our passion, enthusiasm, and dedication to transforming lives.
As a Software Engineer, you will be Involved in the core design, development, and testing of our complex medical device. Projects include system control software, user interface design, and code optimization. Projects will be based on the company needs, but also tailored to the skillset and interests of the employee.
Collaborate with other team members ranging in experience from new college grads to seasoned industry experts, including a management team with a successful track record leading medical device companies.
In addition to developing core software skills, our small company environment allows team members to develop varied, cross-functional skills. The employee will develop expertise in medical imaging and an understanding of the clinical applications of breast ultrasound. The employee will also take part in required training, and will learn about medical device design documentation practices, privacy / security of patient data, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the SoftVue software, or SoftVue image review software, by updating existing functionalities and implementing new ones
- Contribute to the software development effort by designing, programming, testing, debugging, optimizing, and documenting code
- Write unit and integration tests in support of verification and validation efforts
- Write documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or similar field
- 4+ years of experience in C/C++ software development in Linux preferred
- Linux and Windows development environments
- Verification and validation
- 4+ years of experience with Python preferred
- 2+ years of experience with Java preferred
- Code documentation
- Collaborative coding with versioning repositories (centralized shared files)
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with the Linux development environment
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with multi-threading
- Experience with code profiling, debugging and optimization
- GPU Programming using CUDA